The client requested a unique house with exposed beams and earthy colours. An open living area was a must with bi-fold doors to deck area to capture the views and for entertainment.
Building envelopes limited the height and size of the house, however by careful planning we were able to set the house levels so views were achieved from the lower level also and maintain an accessible driveway which has been an issue for many poorly designed houses in the area on sloping blocks.
- Atkar Feature Ceiling Panels
- Exposed reclaimed iron bark Timber Beams from Sydney wharf.
- Merbau Fascia’s
- Polished Vic Ash Timber Floors
- Bi-fold Doors to deck
- Motorised Roof High Level Windows
- High level of bush fire prevention using naturally fire resistant timber, bronze fly wire screens and special Bush fire resistant glass.
The client was extremely happy with the result and enjoys using the living area and deck for gatherings while overlooking the bay towards Port Phillip Heads.